THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Sunday, June 22, 2008

Productive Weekend!

Whew what a weekend! We have been able to cross quite a few things off our list. Friday we ran a few errands, we needed to pick up a good bottle of champagne for a wedding gift that we are putting together for one of Tims college friends. We plan to give them the good bottle of champagne, toasting flutes, and some exspensive chocolate in a basket. MIL is so much better at making baskets than I am so we will take all of it up there and have her make it pretty for me.

Next we went over to BRU to pick up a gfit for a baby shower that I have next week the day before mine and the stroller that Dr. Bosken has been bugging me about buying since he found out I was pregnant. I had it on my registry but quickly made it purchased status so no one else bought it. We picked the metrolite in sterling. I liked it enough for the little man, and i think it will work well for a girl if it is still in decent shape for the next one. Here is a pic from their site, I love how light it is. I can actully pick it up with one hand.

The other thing I have been so undecided on is a diaper bag. I just think they are all ugly and way too big. I have searched and searched, also getting advice from the nest. I have decided to get 2, one for when he is really small that we need to carry the house with us, and one that is a little smaller that we can take just around town etc. I will prob use the black one more when he is really small and the blue one for when he gets a little older. I got a price break and free shipping for ordering both so I did. Lets just hope the reviews are right and they are as good as everyone raves about. So I picked the Skip Hop Dash Deluxe Messenger, and the Skip Hop Saddlebag.

Finally the nursery is ready! Everything that we have so far has been organized and hung. I have finished adding ties to the bumper, and picked up storage bins this weekend for the linen closet, nursery closet, and dresser. Here are several pictures of the final product, with a video uploaded to show the room as you would walk around it. I must say I am pretty proud. Here are a few notes about each of the pictures.


View of the nursery from the doorway; crib, dresser, shelf, and deco. Not sure why the picture loaded this way.


Another view from the doorway.


Close up of the crib; comforter, FP aquarium (that I cant seem to figure out how to attach), one of my baby blankets, and a Donald Duck gift from Katie & Ethan.

Close up of the shelf; antique lantern, model sailboat from our Hilton Head trip, and a model wooden powerboat model from Blacklion in Concord
Framed ultrasound pics (I hope to have more from our growth US next month) I used painted wooden dresser knobs to hang them. Painted the same Gobi Desert paint color as the walls.
Glider, sailboat lamp, and small table. Glider was Tim's grandmothers.
Up close of small table, I want to add a little clock soon.

Memory board behind the glider. I will use this for cards, pictures etc.

Baby shower invite

Organized closet....for now

Cedar chest that was Tim's grandmothers. This should help with storage of diapers/wipes etc.

Final family heirlooms, Tim's grandfathers weather station, and an angel bible verse that was given to us when Tim's grandmother passed away.

Finally here is a video that I took of the room from the doorway all the way around. I am so thrilled how it turned out. I truly believe that he can grow up in this room and it is not so baby that we will have to completely redecorate in a few years. Sorry if it is a little blurry.

Today we started nesting...I swear both of us have the bug. Maybe it sis becasue the shower is next weekend and we know we need to clean out to make room for everything. We went through the kitchen cabinets and got rid of a ton of stuff that we simply do not use, we also went through all the tupperware and threw a bunch out bc hey we all know it gets pretty gross after a while. So the plan for this week is to begin cleaning, so the house can look decent for the shower this time next week. Tims parents are coming down from OH to attend the shower and I am so excited for them to be here with us during this special time. Then we are headed their way for the 4th of July holiday to attend Matt Gibsons wedding. Should be fun to spend the holiday with family and friends we hardly see. I just hope I survive the OH heat and humidity.

We had a doc appt Tuesday and I am still measuring right on time, he said the baby was a good size not too small or too large. We learned that we will get another US in the next month to check growth. We were really suprised at this since we thought that the 18 week US was it. I hit the 30 week mark Wed, and it is still hard for me to believe that we will be holding this little guy in 10 to 12 weeks. It both makes us stop and think how fast all of this has gone....it just makes m head spin.

Well it is going to be a busy week here at home and at work....I think I am nesting at work too there is so much to do! I will update next time with shower pictures hopefully. I am so excited to share this day with my friends and family. I could care less if they bring a gift just being with them all at once is truly a blessing for us both.

29Weeks, 4Days

1 comment:

Beth Anne said...

It looks so awesome!! You should be proud!