THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Friday, March 27, 2009

Mommy Gets a New Bag!

Who knew designing a new diaper bag would be so exciting and involve so many e-mails back and forth on details of how many pockets and fabric coordinates etc. But I think I have designed the perfect diaper bag!

When I was PG, I thought I had to get a bag that matched AT.....well that bag is just too big now and to be honest I hate just about all diaper bags that I have seen in my long search. They are just simply too big. I dont really carry too much for AT now. It is pretty simple, change of clothes, few diapers, wipes, a few small toys, paci, and burp cloths. I pack his bottles and food in a cute little cooler Ipicked up a while ago. So if I have that and need to run in somewhere i really dont carry the cooler in with me it stays in the car.

I have always had the delimma of why do I have the huge diaper bag when I hardly ever carry it. I work, so on weekdays I carry my purse, sometimes I have to take AT to the doc during work hrs so I pack an emergency bag for the car.....change of clothes, paci, diapers, and a few wipes all in a small little bag that never leaves the car. So again I have this huge diaper bag that I MAY carry on the weekends when we are out and about.

So I decided i wanted a new bag and I want one that I like and can use for another baby if needed and doesnt look so diaper baggish. It doesnt have to match AT after all.....its time for Mommy to get a new bag!

So out with the old and in with the new. Here is my old bag....that is still in great shape. I will keep it. You never know......Skip Hop (cant remember which style)

Here is the new bag.....I'm getting it a little bigger than the pic. It will have 3 outside slip pockets and 6 inside pockets, 3 with elastic, and an adjustable messenger strap. Im also getting a matching changing pad and diaper pouch wristlet to go along. So I can use it as a purse everyday and a diaper bag on the weekends, just adding AT's stuff when needed. I cant wait to get it!!!!



Here is the print I am going with. The bag will be the blooms pattern with the drawstring being the stripes. The diaper pouch will be the stripe pattern, and the changing pad the blooms. So for my first Ets purchase I cant wait to see the final product. Since this is a custom order it is going to be a long 3 weeks!



In case you are wondering: Etsy Seller; Doodlescoot Designs

No comments: