THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Monday, April 21, 2008

Whew...Half Way There and a Nursery In the Making

Man what a crazy week it has been. Wednesday we officially hit half way with 20 weeks complete. I cant believe how quickly it has all passed. I had Tim take a couple of pics. One is more flattering than the other but oh well.






















We began prepping the nursery this week too in preperation for the bedding to come in so we could begin painting. I had no idea that we would also get a call the same day telling us the furniture was in and we needed to schedule a time to come and pick it up. So we hurrily finished taping off and fixing the spots in the walls etc in prep for the painting that would happen over the weekend.

Friday the bedding finally arrived and we were able to make it to Lowes and pick up chair rail, paint to match the blue in the bedding as well as other stuff we had coupons for....man do I love coupons. Katie and Ethan were able to meet us at BRU to pick up the crib and dresser, it was all the boys could do to get the dresser uspstairs but now that it is up there we will only have to move it into the nursery once paining is done. The furniture is gorgeous, much richer than I remembered and such high quality I am sure it will be used for a long time to come. Now I just need to decide the layout of the room.

Saturday I went to Randolph and worked a few hours to help Helga out...man she has a mess but I tried to help her the best I could. I finally got out of there at 1, and we decided to head down to Concord Mills with Ethan and Katie to do a little shopping and let the boys get some arcade time in. I hit up Carters and Childrens Place. They were having killer sales on summer clothes so i got little man some summer stuff for next year the best I could, I am finding it hard to calculate what month it will be when he is 6 to 9 months etc. Plus the weight recommendations they put on there also makes it hard to figure out what size to get. Katie and I shopped till we dropped so we all headed home around 9:30. Tim and I also saw some really cool sailboat models in one of the stores that had a really nice antique look to them that we want to get for the nursery. He would like to try and make a model if he can find what he wants, but if not we plan to go back and pick up a couple since they were really decently priced. I am so excited about our ideas.

So yesterday we begain painting, while I was at work Sat Tim measured out the chair rail and put tape up to seperate the two colors. Only now the tape line looks really neat by itself, had we not already bought and painted the chair rail I would leave it as is. Here are a few pics of the painting I love how it finally turned out just what I had pictured. I hope to have the final ones of the chair rail later. Tim plans to put that up this afternoon....he is really into getting this nursery done. Anyway as promised here are some pictures.







































We should have the furniture moved in this week so I will follow up later with thoes updates. Now I just need to shop around for a matress to put the bedding together which I love more in person than online by the way!

I guess that is it for now, we are counting down our days till vacation, only 10 more working days counting today. I am so excited to get a break I know I will be at a work conference part of the time but it is at the beach and not at work so better than nothing. Plus I love to mingle at these conferences, they are usally really fun.

20W; 5D

2 comments:

Crystal said...

How exciting!!! The room looks great... so crisp and clean! Love it. Love the colors too! And wow... the furniture came in pretty fast!

Ashley said...

Looks great! Cant wait to see the pictures of the nursery when its done.

Toads