THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

I am finally home ready to start our mini vacation relaxing on the couch. I am pondering what to fix for dinner. Tim is hungry now but I just cant eat this early in the afternoon so I asked him if he can wait an hour or so. Work was a joke today but I made it through.

I got the best news yesterday!!!! Really a dream come true. I had my monthly meeting with GC yesterday in which she proceeds to ask me if I am interested at all in working 4 days a week once the baby comes.....I almost couldnt contain myself! This is awesome! I did not tell her anything right away bc I wanted to talk to Tim first to see what he thought. The baby will still be in daycare on campus it would just be one less day and I will get to have that extra day at home to do laundry, go grocery shopping and other things that never seem to get done. This way I may actually get to enjoy my husband and son on the weekends and not be so overwhelmed to get everything else done in 2 days.

So I came home and talked to Tim, he had no probelms with it other than maybe wait till the beginning of the year which I agree with as well. I agreed because once I get back in the office it will be a lot of work to clean it up, then the holidays are upon us, as well as trying to build back up our nest egg from me being out on ML with no pay. So in January I go to 4 days a week with an extra day with my little man!!! I am so excited and I cant believe I have been given this opportunity. I truly feel blessed!

Sunday was my shower, I was so humbled by all the gifts our friends and family gave us. I was able to visit with some friends I havent seen in forever. It was really a fun day. Jordan outdone herself again with my shower. No funny games or themes just a normal shower and a good time was had by all. I would say by far my fave gifts were the scrapbook that Katie made for the baby, maybe with my extra doy off I will have time to put some pics in it. My aunt Barbara gave me a basket wih every baby med you can think of.......baby oral gel, gas drops, but paste etc. It was a really nice and needed gift. We have very little left to get of our big stuff, just maybe a bottle warmer, monitor and a few crib matress pads. I cant believe how much we have now, when we get back I will have to start organizing everything and making my list of what is left. Here are a few pics from the shower.....I tried to get pis of Tim and I together but the sun was so bright ouside that our eyes were closed....so maybe we can get the chance soon. I hope so bc we have no pictures of use together since I have been pg.

30 Weeks

Food table set up..she did cupcakes!

The gorgeous host.....I love this girl, hard to believe we have been BFF for almost 15 years!

We had our 31 week check up this week, we are scheduled for a growth ultrasound next time on 7/15. So that is exciting, Tim has been waiting on it for a while. So hopefully next time I will have digital pics to post. I am not holding my breath but I hope.

Well it is off to OH in the morning, I still have packing to do but I have been meaning to do this blog entry all week so I did while I had the chance. We have the wedding Saturday and I am excited about that and seeing everyone for a nice night out. Congrats Matt!!!!! I cant believe you were the next to get hitched....I would have never guessed. I hope to have some fun pics to bring home. Happy 4th of July America!

31 Weeks, 1 Day

No comments: