Man things have been busy, I have begun to realize keeping up 2 blogs is hard work but I still want a place to keep up with my thoughts seperate from Andrews so I may not write as often but I hope to keep this one going strong too. Plus there are tons of posts here that I like to read back over every now and again. This blog is almost 2 years old and there are lots of ramblings I dont want to lose.
I am so excited about that Sept trip though...even if it is 10 months away. We planned the first ever Stary family trip with Tims parents, sister, and uncle. Andrew will celebrate his 1st birthday while there, and that will be just another memory that we love about Hilton Head. A place that is near and dear to my heart, we will actually celebrate 2 milestones there. Andrews first birthday as mentioned and our 5th engagement anniversary......Sept 9th and 10th. We were able to rent a 4bd, 4bth house on the golf course with a private pool for a week. I am so excited about I cant stand it!!! Here are a few pics from the website.
The holidays are exciting, and coming fast. We are headed to OH for Thanksgiving....another chance to make Andrew portable. Christmas we are staying put, I am excited about our first Christmas home as a family. The IL were thinking of coming down but it is not going to work out so they will prob come down the first week of January. That will be nice since January is always so blah after all the excitement and you are looking foward to spring again.
Being a mommy has been challenging these last few months to say the least. I am desperatly in love with my little boy but it has taken me a while to build that bond with him. Honestly I dont know if you can understand this until it happens to you. The day he was born was honestly one of the happiest days of my life but the most enjoyable day was the first smile he ever gave me....I could finally sigh and say "you know what I am doing this right he just showed me that!" Interaction is such a key component when they are this little and we as humans crave it....or at least I did. I wanted so much for him to smile at me or just give me some sign that he as getting what he needed after I had given so much. He still isnt all the way there yet. He smiles at me occasionally but not when I go in his room to get him or when he sees me at daycare....but that will come and I have come to terms with that and I know that when it happens I will never forget it.
There have been noticable changes in him in the past few weeks. He does smile at toys, and lights. He follows us around the room if we move from where we were standing. He coos at his toys and responds if I coo back. He smiles at me sometimes and makes eye conatct but alot of the time I think he gets overstimulated my by me and I have to back off and try again later. He is really now enjoying his playmat, and is getting really good at lifting his head. So there it is my list of things that show I am doing it right.....I dont need a smile everytime he sees me to tell me that it is all okay, I have this list of things that any doc could see he is perfect and will do it all own his timetable not mine. His 2 month checkup went great too that little guy is up to 12lbs. I was shocked.
He is getting better at night feedings, he is down by 8:30/9 and not up again till 1/2, then not again till we get ready for work in the monring so it has to be all uphill from here. He is trying to figure out how much he wants to eat now so that may have something to do with it. Once his belly gets a little bigger and he is consistently at 5 oz every feeding then things may improve. We may be close to just once a night now. Which isnt fair to Tim if that happens bc he will be getting up and I will get to sleep all night , since he always takes the first feeding. :)
Well I guess I hve rambled long enough and I hope to update soon on weight loss and how things are going in my world since I update Andews blog for him. I am still around too and need to remember to take time out and write down my feelings....this has sure been an experience; pg, birth and motherhood....I know i have many more experiences down the road and I want to keep up with it. Journaling is self healing and rewarding. I need it right now.


No comments:
Post a Comment