I am so excited! We leave Wed for OH! Now I am not excited at all about the snow that we will see or the bone chilling temps that we will endure but I am excited about seeing family, getting to share Andrew a little, and the hottub that I can soak my worries away in with a bottle of Cenin Blanc that I have been saving for quite a while.
Things at work and home are of course both busy and I dont see much workout time in the cards for this week but I did get my jog in yesterday and I am hoping to pack warm enough clothes that maybe I can walk outside one or two mornings while there. We will see what happens.
We did a little Christmas Shopping & Birthday shopping this weekend. Cooper will be 3 the 18th of Dec. I cant believe how big he is getting! I am finding it harder to buy for him. He isnt in to any of the action figures, or silly toys it is all about books and educational toys. Which dont get me wrong is really great but you kind of run out of options after a while. So we picked him up a glow in the dark sleeping bag that comes with a flash light and a water bottle. He went on several camping trips this summer and loved it. We thought this would be something he could play with in his room. Hopefully he will enjoy it. I always get him clothes too so I picked up a few shirts and a pair of pants.
After our little shopping excursion we braved the in between feeding time with Andrew and went to a new restaurant we have been hoping to try and it was awesome! Tim got the pork shops that were like candy. The caoting on them were to die for. I will get that next time we go and we will be back! Andrew was so good through the whole thing. He napped on and off and finally woke up for good as we were leaving it was wonderful to have a dinner alone with Tim and Andrew cooperate. Not to mention saving on a baby sitter.
Tims 30th Birthday is coming up.....I have planned a night out with friends and lined up a baby sitter. My aunt Betty is going to keep him, we shouldnt be out late that night. We are planning to hit up a nice place to eat at Friendly Center in Greensboro and then go to a show at the comedy club. I am really excited about it prob more than Tim I am sure. I picked him up a GPS that he has wanted for a few years now. More than I wanted to spend but if it goes on sale between now and the first of the year I can go and get the diff back. So I will have to keep my eyes open!
Andrew threw us for a loop last night and i cant put my finger on it. He has been sleeping in his crib for a while now and has been doing really well. I would say in the last few weeks I have revaluted his eating schedule and adjusted it so that he is now only eating 1 time a night. Well I cant sat I adjusted it, I am just making sure he is getting enough to eat during a 24hr period only making him get up 1 time a night to eat. He is now taking 6 5oz bottles a day. Only 1 being in the middle of the night and the other first thing when he wakes between 5:30 and 6. Depending on when that late night feeding happens.
Last night he went down without a peep, I was so happy that we had mastered the self soothing thing. When he does wake at night he eats and then goes right back down. Well as usual this was the case last night until 3am and he was screaming his head off. I still have no idea what caused him to act like this. I know he wasnt hungry bc he had just eaten less than 2 hrs before and was showing no hunger signs just crying and thrashing around. Finally i took him with me to the couch and he slept on me for a while. I cant sleep with him on me like that so I moved him. He woke back up at 5:30 and Tim fed him around 6. I refused to get up and go to work just yet so after he ate Tim brought him back in bed with me and we fell back asleep till 8.
I have no idea why htis happened, he wasnt too off schedule over the weekend, he did nap. He was fussier in the evening but I think his stomach was hurting him and he was trying to poop. I tried the gripe water and I will give him more apple juice this afternoon to see if it wont help soon. This is one of those times you just wish they could talk. So it remains to be seen what happens the rest of the week and throwing the travel into it.....we shall see. But for right now tonight HAS to be better!
Right after I finished typing this daycare called and asked if they could wake him up to eat he had been sleeping for 4.5 hrs!!!!!
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment