THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving, 30th Birthday, and the Christmas Extravaganza Beginnings

Well I just uploaded all the pics so it is fitting to blog about all the events in one post right? It makes it more interesting. So here goes

Thanksgiving:

Our trip to OH was nice and quiet pretty uneventful really. Andrew traveled well which was great for mom and dad. He however did not do well on the ride home but that has to do with the horrendous traffic that we had to deal with. We were going about 40 miles an hour the whole way through VA which should take us 45 minutes it took us almost 2 hrs. So I got back in the back seat with him and played with him to take the edge off a bit. We will NEVER travel the Sunday after Thanksgiving again! AGREED!

Andrew really started to show his personality while were away, he smiled constantly and was so pleasant to be around during the day versus at night when he is so tired when we get home from work. It was a nice change in scenery. Here are a few pics from the trip.


First T-Giving Family Photo


My Cutie Pie.....He had a balst even though he missed out on the turkey

Someone Turned 30!!!!!

What a momentous birthday and Tim really acted like it did not phase him. I always hear about it being a hard birthday but he didnt let on it bothered him one bit. I did not make a huge deal about it becasue I didnt want to make it worse if he were having a hard time. So we had a nice night out with friends, a great dinner and many laughs it really was the perfect birthday for him low key and spent with the people he cares about the most.

We woke up that morning and I went ahead and gave him his gift. He has wanted a GPS for a while so I bit the bullet and got him a pretty nice one to boot. He played with it all day. We both spent the day with Andrew and had lunch at home. We had a baby sitter for the night. So we headed to PF Changs for dinner and to the comedy club afterwards. By the way honey you dont look a day over 25. Love you!!!! I hope the day was super special and something you will never forget, I cant wait for the next 3 decade birthday I want to be right there beside you again!


Before Dinner Photos


Me & Katie


Good Friends Ethan & Katie.....AKA Partners in Crime

Ethan enjoys horses.....his dad has Clydesdales. This kind of behavior is not out of the ordinary at all!
Christmas Extravaganza!
Well it is that time of year again! I enjoy the decorating.....Tim not so much! Mainly because there is so much work involved and things always end up in a crisis that he woud just rather not. This year he was a little more eager than normal.....maybe bc of Andrew but then Andrew doesnt have a clue so IDK.
We started with the outside. I had 2 strings of lights go out on me......so that was a bitch to replace. But after all said and done it looks great. We are going to do a little at a time during the week. I guess next will be the tree and then the mantle. I love my decorations though. We have so many ornaments now though they dont all fit so I pick and choose. I hope to have new pics soon.....and the other thing that blows my mind is that the holiday is almost here! There is still tons to do.

On the Andrew Front:
We are getting a tad bit more sleep. He is sleeping from 8:30 to 4.....there I jinxed myself but I dont care it is glorious even if I am up 2 hrs later for work. Who cares bc this kid is getting the hang of it!!!! Baby steps!!!! Check his site if you want more heart melting pics and updates.....the tooth story included!

No comments: