
We have wanted a video camera for sometime but didnt want to get anything we had to buy tapes or DVD's for. I want to just take video upload it all to my computer, edit etc. then burn it to a DVD kind of like what I do with my digital camera.
There is no taking the memory card to Target and getting prints. I just upload it all to Picasa (which I LOVE!) and order from Snapfish what I want and the rest goes on a CD for use later. We have replaced photo albums with CD cases.....man what technology will do to you!
When I upload to Picasa web I can just order right from their site and not even go as far as uploading anything to Snapfish....it really is a great program to have. I wonder though if once they are on Picasa web if I can get rid of the pics/videos that are on my hard drive? I think I am going to do a little burning today....I have tons of stuff on the hard drive that I need to free up. I need to get most of it off the computer and save my faves in a folder for when I want them. Another great way of backing up your photos!
So back to the new fancy camcorder we got. It is the new Sony DCR-SR47. It has a huge hard drive that you record to and then just download it all to the computer once you are done. I can then go into a program like Movie Maker and edit the movies. Say if I record AT crawling but it takes him 20 miniutes to do it, I can edit the video to just show him crawling and not the 18 minutes that lead up to it. Lets face it weve all seen those videos bf where you have to get through 30 minutes of the parents coaxing the child to perform and then they decide 15 minutes later they will oblige you....this will nix that! Meaning I will get to burn my own movies with just what I want and not the 18 minutes leading up to it of me talking baby talk....not pretty!
I havent tried it out much yet but plan to this weekend. We are headed up to Akron to visit the IL for a long weekend. It has been about 2m since they have seen AT and Tim and I are going to enjoy their hot tub while they enjoy the boy :) I hope to have a sample of my work when I get back!


No comments:
Post a Comment