THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Sunday, March 8, 2009

Whats My Size?

2nd post today but this one needs its own post! I am so freaking excited.

Back in the summer of 06 about 6m after we got married I noticed there was a nice 20lbs that were there hanging around that I really wanted off. No more Happy Married Weight! I wanted it gone. So we bought the treadmill and I was diligent and walked 45m a day 6 days a week and cut my calories in half. I was obsessive, it was a huge goal and I was going to make it! For the next year and half I lived and breathed weight loss and healthy living. At first I was so afraid to eat out bc I didnt know what was in my food and I didnt want to mess up what I had worked so hard to lose. That obsession did fade and I felt more comfy in what I could and could not eat. When I found out I was pg at Christmas 2007 I was at 146, and consider that my "Happy Weight".

Well I started at 158, and my lowest weight was 138 in May of 2007. I looked and felt great! I was in a size 6, small shirts and looked great in tanks and a bikini. Well Im not there yet by any means I guess you could say I am starting over. So after all that weight loss I had a good bit of clothng that I couldnt wear anymore bc they were too big but I knew that one day I would want it bc of having a baby so I packed it up instead of taking it to Goodwill.

Well I am proud to annouce that I can wear a good bit of what I saved I mostly tried on skirts and capris. The skirts fit great bc they are not tight on the hips. The capris need about another 5/10 more lbs to fit right. I can button them and they dont give me a muffin top but lets just say they look a little painted on in the butt! So if all works out I wont have to buy any bottoms at all for spring/summer to wear to work! I am SO excited about this.

When I first went back to work I had to buy a few prs of pants to wear and I caved and bought a size 14....well based on what I fit into yesterday I am in a size 10! The capris are all Old Navy brand and they are all size 10's but they size everything so small I have never worn anything in my normal size so I am not stressing over that. So the next step is to go through my summer/spring shirts/tops to see what I can wear. I am hoping I have a nice little wardrobe sitting in there that I havent seen in a while bc of being pg last summer! How is that for timing! I would say by AT's first b-day I will be right where I want to be!

1 comment:

Mere said...

That is wonderful news! Keep up the good work ... and you will be back in those size 6's in no time! :)