THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Weekend in Pictures

Oh my and what a weekend it was......didnt turn out as I had hoped. Ill let the photos tell the story I guess with my captions of course.

Our Friday ritual dinner with K&E. K's bday is this week.....shes such a special person. AT loves Aunt Katie!


Saturday we headed to Dan Nicholas Park in Salisbury for a planned GTG with my interweb friends and their families. There are a ton of fun things for kids to do there. BBUUUUTTT....Tim got whatever AT had earlier in the week that had held me captive! This momma was ready to get out of the house but after a while in the sun we cut the visit short. We didnt want to be "those people" if some of the other kids ended up sick. So we headed home...hungry :(


I was pretty depressed and defeated to say the least when we got home. Tim went straight to bed....I know I know he was sick....but I was worn out from handling AT all alone all week and then I had to deal with a man cold at the same time....Fun times!

So I broke out the wine!


Had dinner alone, turkey burgers that were supposed to be part of my GTG. :(

Then Tim joined me.....peachy huh?


Then I realized my pedometer was shot! Gawd!!!!!! It barely lasted a month!


AT continued to get into mischeif


So we headed outside on the deck to enjoy the rest of the sunshine.

Still more mischeif when we came back in.....so it was bath time.


Then you guessed it! ME time! I earned this.....prob didnt need it but I earned it anyway! Have no fear my dieters....it was WW mint choc chip....and low fat syrup. Still delish!


So Sunday Tims fever broke but he was still not in tip top shape...so I headed to Pilot Mtn. to indulge in some TLC. My Aunt Barbara is one of my faves and her house is one of my treasured getaways. I lounged on her couch while she played with AT. AT enjoyed her puppy Bandit. We even got a walk in it was heaven!

We went to see the horses....AT wasnt to sure what to think.


She adores him! It was good to visit....these are too few and far between. We love you Aunt Barb! Thanks for sending me home with dinner that day. I was able to breathe easier on my ride home.


Weight Update
Im not making a huge drawn out post this week. I just dont have anything to add. With both of my boys being sick you can bet there wasnt much time to fit in a workout. I am working late tonight so I have pretty much hung it up for this week too. That really sucks about my pedometer too, Im going to have to get another one....it was motivating me even though I may not get a workout in. I was still making the effort to get my steps up there.

Im just tired and still have a little of that blech feeling left over from last week. I did weigh this morning and I am up .5lbs.

152

Im still not giving up....but have I lost focus....yeah prob. Summer is kind of a bad time for me.....we love being outside and vacationing and you know what that leads to.....vacation mentality "you're on vacation...who cares". I admit it gets the best of me sometimes. Im still in the fight.....just maybe on the sidelines for now. Ill be back......no worries.

I would like to report that Tim has lost 10lbs since the middle of March. Seems like the CPAP is really helping him. I hope it cures his sleep apnea. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Mere said...

AT looks so precious in those pics!!!!! Sounds like you had quite the weekend - you totally deserved that Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream! In fact, it looked so good that I might have to get some myself!

Ashley said...

Enjoy your summer! You have earned it!