THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Friday, July 17, 2009

Domestic Fridays!

Its the only day of the week that I get to be a SAHM, sometimes I love it sometimes I would rather be at work. It just depends. I always accomplish something so I guess thats a plus. I either camp out at home and clean clean clean, or I run around town getting errands out of the way. When I first started staying home on Fridays at the beginning of the year I planned workouts around everything else. Then I guess things go so busy that I didnt do this at all for a few months, leaving it all to be done during the week.

Well not anymore! I want to make sure i use the most of my time on Fridays. AT is more flexible now and his eat times are more structured and spaced out, and he still naps twice a day! Normally almost 3hrs each time! If I cant get a workout done while he sleeping then I might as well give up! But Im not going to....I need to fold that lanudry when he is awake not asleep....he can hang out with me while I fold.

I also used to think I could "sleep in" on Fridays! I dont know who I was kidding bc Tim wakes me up when he leaves at 6:30 and AT is up ay 7.....how is that really sleeping in? I can say Im sleeping in bc I didnt get up till 6 this AM and got my workout in instead of at 5:30. All bc I was home today and not rushing off to work. I got Jillian in again this morning. Im feeling good and making my list of what I need to tackle next......Im pretty sure it will be our bathroom, and folding lanudry. I feel so good about getting my workout done though....I feel like the cloud of guilt is gone for today.

And that 17yr old thats staying a few nights with us.....you guessed it.....still in bed at almost 9am! I had to tell her to go to bed at 2am! Kids these days ;) Off to finish my domestics!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Stay at home Fridays --- that's a nice plus. I agree your child won't guilt you later in life for folding laundry while he is awake. This will not scare him for life. You can get in a really great workout while he naps! Good for you!

Mere said...

I had no idea you stayed at home on Fridays ... how nice!!! It sounds like you are very motivated to get things done. That is the one hard thing about being a SAHM, b/c you feel like you have all week to do something, and then Friday rolls around and you are dashing to get everything completed! Enjoy your Fridays off!