A year ago today Andrew was due. We had yet to share his name with anyone (except Dr. Allen), it was a nice secret to keep between the 2 of us. Something I will def do again, it was such a great thing to have that "little" tid bit between us still that no one else knew. Kind of sneaky you know ;)
As we get closer to his birthday I struggle to put into words what this year has meant to Tim & I. I am in no way a writer, I try but many of my posts dont come off as classy as I hoped. So I wont try tonight I just want to remember that a year ago today I went bout my normal daily activities STILL waiting on my son to make his appearance. We had an appt at the OB, where we had an NST and he was as happy as a lark in there...no distress. So we scheduled the induction for the following Tuesday. September 9th.
I found myself crying this afternoon on my way to pick him up from DC. I found out last week that my/his fave DC teacher is being moved to the 2yr old room next week and today was her last day. I guess it really is the end of an era. Alicia is leaving and Andrew will be moving up to his new class soon. As I wrapped his bday presents tonight....it was exciting and sad. Im pretty sure Ill have these feelings all week.
Its really all happening too fast. Ive tried to hug him a little tighter every day. I hope this trip is one to remember....and who can blame me if Im just a tad stingier with him than normal. My tears are happy tears....but believe me there have/will be many shed.
1 year ago


1 comment:
I felt the exact same way when Nate turned one! I cried for days over it! It is so bittersweet to watch your little baby grow up. :)
I hope you have an amazing weekend with Andrew and your family!
Post a Comment