THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Monday, September 14, 2009

Final Vacation of 2009

Wow the trip to end all trips is finally over! Dont get me wrong we had a great time and really enjoyed it but getting ready for it was all together another story.

Tims parents, sisters family, and uncle all arrived at our house in Friday. The first leg of the trip for them. We all loaded up again Sat morning and headed to Hilton Head Island, SC for the rest of the week. The house we rented for the week was great and accomodating. There was a slight resident that we kept our eyes on though..more on him later. :) Other than the pool being cold bc it was so shaded the water temps and the weather were all awesome for a Sept vacation. Tim and I normally travel to the beach in Sept when we can.....everyone is back in school and it saves us some green. So this is the normal time we head south.

We also took a day trip to Savannah, GA. It was gorgeous! We decided to use the trolley to get on and off when we wanted. That was a great idea too. Im now in love with this city and want to know more about it! I just love historical places like Savannah. There is so much history there I can barely touch it with my pinky finger. Here are a few shots from our day trip there...I would have taken more but this camera was on loan....since I left the baterry to my camera back at the beach house!



Other than Savannah our days consisted of hitting the beach with the kiddos and then heading back for lunch....with naps soon to follow. We took a tent for AT and he did really well taking naps on the beach.....who wouldnt! He would tire himself out that it wouldnt take me long to get him down. So that gave Tim and I time to relax by the ocean instead of sitting at the house waiting on him to wake up!

AT & Gpa Stary


They share already...yeah right! AT & Cooper



Of course the trip wouldnt be complete without the trip to the top of the Harbour Town Lighthouse. It is the very spot Tim and I were engaged so it was even more special to take AT up. Its an awesome view!


And of course we celebrated At's 1st birthday while on vacation. It was so wonderful to have some of our closest family members with us to celebrate his first birthday! He is such a blessed little boy. Im still planning his big party for the 26th...if Im still sane by then!

Last but not least....we had a pretty scary resident in the south pond at our vacation house. He crept into the yard once.....but other than that didnt really bother us. Another reason why we love HHI so much...the wildlife there is practically untouched. He was a sight to see to say the least!



Ive had quite a few blog posts in my head while Ive been gone...I hope to fill you all in soon. Im still wondering where my "baby" went and how he can really be as big as he is. Im still trying to grasp it emotianally. I think the trip helped me not dwell on it too much and having family around that day made sure it didnt turn into a sob fest. All in all it was a fab trip and went by WAY too fast. We are all saving our pennies to head back in a a couple of years. Until then we have the memories.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I love the Hilton Head area. Glad you had a great trip. Your kid is so cute!