THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Who's Motivating Who?

My husband has become a great workout partner. He pretty much knows that a workout is in the plans every week night. We have had a few things going on with the houe this week (more on that later) and he has made sure we get home and get dinner going to have that 30m to workout.

All I can say is WOW!

I was pressed for time Monday so he came home and started dinner. What was on the menu - Sloppy Joes - but with ground turkey! I didnt hide it from him thats what we were eating bc I wanted him to know that its a change we need to make together and he is so willing to make the changes. So he cooked up the turkey and roasted some red peppers just in time for AT and I to walk through the door.

So as for the Turkey - it was yummy! Neither of us could tell a diff. Im making another dish tonight that calls for hamburger so Im hoping that goes just as well since there isnt any sauce involved to maybe cover up some of the taste. All in all Im glad we gave it a whirl....I just need to price match now and see if it will save us some green along with the fat!

We didnt have a very good weekend food wise. It was a hard one bc we met up with my gparents at a buffet. Yeah a buffet. There arent many options when you reach your 70's, Im not sure what thats all about but they just love that place! So we went well over our food intake for that meal, and then had dinner out Sunday we hadnt planned on at all!

So that brings us to weigh-ins. Tim holds steady at 16lbs lost.....he was okay with that considering the weekend we had and one workout missed, which sucks bc cleaning house should count for something! Im down another lb. 146.4. <= Did you see that!? PrePG weight!!!!

ETA: OMG! I just noticed I have lost 5lbs in the past month!!! Go me!!!! Now only 8lb to go!

All in all Im really proud of us. We have made little changes that add up you know, we arent so strict we cant have a small cookie if we want it but are careful not to eat a whole pan of brownies. We work out 4 days a week for 30m. We try just about anything, high intense cardio, walking whatever we feel like for the day. I honestly think it helps us not get so bored and do the same thing over and over again. So look for more updates!

Now onto the house. We held and OH on Sunday....in the rain. It was yucky out but I figured if someone was very interested they would come and we had a decent turn out. 4 couples and 2 left very serious. We only have an offer from one though....but Im having our agent follow up with the 2nd couple just to feel them out. So for now a verbal offer was made, and we would like to see it on paper bf we spend too much time counter offering.

The buyer wants to see the house one more time, which is fine....I just need to stage again and pick up a little. Other than that the house is still spotless bc we have hardly been home etc. So I guess we should be really excited that we have an offer and we are.....we just arent sure how things wll turn out with the house we want. We could be homeless.....but IMO thats a good problem to have in this market. So fingers and toes are crossed the 2nd showing goes well and we are able to counter successfully! Its going to be a nail biting few weeks. Keep us in your thoughts!

2 comments:

Mere said...

That is awesome!!!! GOOD FOR YOU! :)

Meredith said...

Congrats! That is wonderful! Having a workout buddy is huge.