THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Im a Big Girl Now!

Becuase I really feel like an adult with dining room furniture. Lexington NC is known for its furniture just like High Point. There are tons of salvage dealers around that carry several brands, and of course you can order new.

So a month or so ago we made a trip to look around and found 2 peices that dont exactly match but theyre close enough. & Im in love with them both. The table has 2 leaves, and 6 chairs. & the server has the wine storage I was looking for with plenty of room to store candles etc. Im pretty sure I blogged about this a while ago but never posted pics. So here they are! With fall deco of course. I just switched over to Cmas deco and squealed with delight about the new candlabra I found at Wal-Mart for $15! Take that Pottery Barn! Those pics to come soon!



Side view from the living area. I still think I want some curtains, just to soften it up a little bit.


I think the server is my favorite piece. Just because I can do so much with it deco wise. Its like my little space ;) I need to fill up that wine holder though.

As for our TGiving holiday weekend. Its was a rollercoater. As you can see below. Tim and I hit a deer while on the way to dinner. AT wasnt with us thank goodness and no one was hurt. That is the 2 most important things. The truck was totaled out and we are in the process of shopping for another and keeping the no car payment standard. I REALLY dont want a car payment. Its been so nice the last 3 years not paying for any vehicles. Fingers crossed we find soemthing in our budget.

Besides that it was a really nice low key visit with the family. We found out we'll be aunt & uncle again in June!!! Yay for more babies! Keeps my fever at bay a little longer. I think Tim and I both are getting the fever a little bit but know its better to wait another year right now.

As for this weekend we have a few plans. We plan to hit up the parade in town on Saturday then go to dinner with E&K for Tims bday making sure to stop and look at a few trucks on the way :/

The big thing for me will be to relax in front of one of these:


& take on more decorating like this:

Isnt it a beaut? Its a yearly tradition that I joined in on with the moms group this year. Hoping many more to come, it really put me in the mood. THe price was even better than the fake ones in the stores....and I MADE this one! Go me!

Happy shopping everyone! Weekend wrap up to come!

No comments: