THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter has not been kind

UGH! This winter has been horrible so far. First off with the snow on Cmas that canceled plans, then Im sure there have been a few more storms mixed in Im forgetting and then Monday we were hit with a pretty substantial ice storm for our part of the map. Yeah it didnt affect everyone but since we live on a ski slope and all it kind of prevented us from getting out of our driveway and our neighborhood. Tim spent most of the day Tues scraping our driveway of the ice. (See below) No amount of salt would touch it. We're still fighting the neighborhood road issue.




While AT insisted on doing this......


We have huge hills in our neighborhood that are very shaded....so its been a sheet of ice for almost 3 days now. HOA doesnt scrape, salt, nada! So this am it was touch and go with getting my car up the hill. I even slipped in Tims big truck! But enough about that, hopefully the ice will begin to melt more today...to only refreeze in the morning :/

So onto the IMPORTANT stuff!

Saturday is K's baby shower....Im hosting. I cant wait! I have so much to do though that I have to get out of the house tomorrow - hence parking at the chuch .5 mile away so I can get where I need to go! I need to start making things ahead of time, pack up the glass serving peices and get ready for the trek to Winston bright and early that morning. We're hosting a brunch and hopefully my vision comes to life! I havent went all out but have came up with enough to make it unique and personal. I hope she loves it! Here is the look Im going for:
I think Ill be close to pulling it off.

She is getting so excited about her little girls arrival and I dont have to tell you how excited I am as well...thats an understatement. I hope to have many pics to follow but when your the host snapping pics is hard....hopefully I can bf everyone arrives.

As for me.....working out has made into my schedule lately. Gasp! Ive not weighed I dont plan on it till Feb 1st. So for now Im trying new videos and equipment and having a good time. The other good news is that AT LOVES his basement playroom these days. There is so much going on down there that he isnt bored one bit while I slave away to a video or the treadmill. That makes me a happy momma!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I know I plan on it!

No comments: