There are several things in our house that I love. But I think my favorite is the view I have out of a window I spend a ton of time at. The window over my sink.

Its so high up I feel like Im in the Alps or something! Or that Im Rupunzel and I should let down my hair so my prince can climb in ;) Okay that was a bit dreamy but it really is a gorgeous view. Esp in the fall! Oh the fall!
If you look close you can see the lake. Its low right now so the cove isnt full, but its there. Several times a week we have ducks wonder into our part of the cove and eat whatever is lurking down there. We also see Blue Herrons, and hawks circling to catch whatever they can. We truly do live amongst the wild. Its this time of year I begin to enjoy it. Winter time? Not so much!
Here is the full view.....without looking down of course. Sorry about all the clutter...what can I say. We live here? ;)

Lots of house projects continue. We ordered barstools. It didnt take me long to find a set that matched our dining set exactly. Looks like it all came together. I also love how AT can hang out with me at the bar while I cook or just clean up the kitchen. I ordered them a bit higher than normal at 30 inches. The 24 were just going to be too low, and its perfect. Esp for my growing boy!

Oh & I guess you can still see the sample paint colors on the wall.....we arent using any of them :/
Ive still been on the hunt for the perfect green, so this weekend I headed back to Lowes and picked out 2 more colors that are in the same family of greens. I chose the lighter one when my gut told me to go with the darker one. Always listen to your gut people! & your 3 yr old bc he chose the darker one too. I also picked my neighbors brain who happens to teach interior design at a local county high school. We have been hanging out more and more with her and her husband. The guys were off at a race and we headed out to dinner. She also favored the darker green. Said it would bring out the brown hues from the fireplace and the wood beams. Kind of got me all excited!!! I still like the lighter color, but I can def see using that color in a bathroom. At least they are in the same family and the house wont look like a rainbow. Theyre even so close some may not even notice the difference.
So we headed back yesterday after work and picked up 2 gallons of Betsy Ross House Moss. No going back now!
& while at Lowes we priced custom cabinets for the laundry room. We've been wanting to add these since we moved in but were in no real hurry. We thought that we would just go with the salvage cabinets that were the standard 12 inches deep. But the more my wonderful husband thought about it the more he thought we should go wtih 24inch deep instead. They are going to be placed over the washer and dryer and I need to be able to reach them easily. With the standard 12 inch there is no way Id be able to. Id have to use a step stool each time. That wont work. Our laundry room sees all of our coming and going traffic, and its narrow enough as it is.
So the plan for the time being is to paint the kitchen, make sure I love the color. Then order the cabinets having a 3 week waiting period bf they come in. That way I can paint the laundry room while we wait......and before they are installed. WHEW! Im tired just thinking it all.
Oh & this is prob the main reason Ive seen less and less of Jillian lately! Im still doing the best I can with food, and Ive stayed under 150. That in itself is a miracle! But I can do it all the while making the house our paradise!

Its so high up I feel like Im in the Alps or something! Or that Im Rupunzel and I should let down my hair so my prince can climb in ;) Okay that was a bit dreamy but it really is a gorgeous view. Esp in the fall! Oh the fall!
If you look close you can see the lake. Its low right now so the cove isnt full, but its there. Several times a week we have ducks wonder into our part of the cove and eat whatever is lurking down there. We also see Blue Herrons, and hawks circling to catch whatever they can. We truly do live amongst the wild. Its this time of year I begin to enjoy it. Winter time? Not so much!
Here is the full view.....without looking down of course. Sorry about all the clutter...what can I say. We live here? ;)
Lots of house projects continue. We ordered barstools. It didnt take me long to find a set that matched our dining set exactly. Looks like it all came together. I also love how AT can hang out with me at the bar while I cook or just clean up the kitchen. I ordered them a bit higher than normal at 30 inches. The 24 were just going to be too low, and its perfect. Esp for my growing boy!
Oh & I guess you can still see the sample paint colors on the wall.....we arent using any of them :/
Ive still been on the hunt for the perfect green, so this weekend I headed back to Lowes and picked out 2 more colors that are in the same family of greens. I chose the lighter one when my gut told me to go with the darker one. Always listen to your gut people! & your 3 yr old bc he chose the darker one too. I also picked my neighbors brain who happens to teach interior design at a local county high school. We have been hanging out more and more with her and her husband. The guys were off at a race and we headed out to dinner. She also favored the darker green. Said it would bring out the brown hues from the fireplace and the wood beams. Kind of got me all excited!!! I still like the lighter color, but I can def see using that color in a bathroom. At least they are in the same family and the house wont look like a rainbow. Theyre even so close some may not even notice the difference.
So we headed back yesterday after work and picked up 2 gallons of Betsy Ross House Moss. No going back now!
& while at Lowes we priced custom cabinets for the laundry room. We've been wanting to add these since we moved in but were in no real hurry. We thought that we would just go with the salvage cabinets that were the standard 12 inches deep. But the more my wonderful husband thought about it the more he thought we should go wtih 24inch deep instead. They are going to be placed over the washer and dryer and I need to be able to reach them easily. With the standard 12 inch there is no way Id be able to. Id have to use a step stool each time. That wont work. Our laundry room sees all of our coming and going traffic, and its narrow enough as it is.
So the plan for the time being is to paint the kitchen, make sure I love the color. Then order the cabinets having a 3 week waiting period bf they come in. That way I can paint the laundry room while we wait......and before they are installed. WHEW! Im tired just thinking it all.
Oh & this is prob the main reason Ive seen less and less of Jillian lately! Im still doing the best I can with food, and Ive stayed under 150. That in itself is a miracle! But I can do it all the while making the house our paradise!



No comments:
Post a Comment