THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Monday is Detox Day

I used to think that weighing in on Monday was best for me. I always did so well on the weekends at home, mainly bc I was able to focus on me more and pay more attention to what I was eating and when, making better choices I guess. But with a baby I guess that has all changed. AT is good about doing his own thing now and most of the time on Sunday mornings instead of working out when he naps I go back to bed too. I know it is bad but I am SO tired that I just need to take advantage of that little window to get a nap in. I still managed to log in a 45m workout Sunday even though I had that morning nap. I stuck to my guns and got it done.

This weekend was a busy one even though we didnt really have any concrete plans we still filled it with lots of activities. Tim didnt feel the best and was kind of a couch potato all weekend but I managed to still get out and about. Friday I did some shopping, cleaning house and we got Japanese takeout. Saturday I made it to the grocery, grandmas for a visit and we had K&E over for a cookout. Sunday we vegged out while I finished up a few chores and worked out. We also had a good dinner. Bakes scallops, mashed potatoes, and broccolli.

Why am I going on and on about this? Well apparently all of the stuff I did this weekend made it hard for me to pay more attention to what I would grab in a hurry (or not grab....that too sometimes I just wouldnt eat) was still in my system on Monday morning when I weighed in. Sometimes I truly believe being too busy to eat WILL work against you. It may have worked when I was a teen but it doesnt work now.

So to the good news.......remember from my post yesterday I was up .5 a lb. Well this morning I am down 2.5lbs!!!! So I have met my first goal of hitting 150!!! I weigh in at the same scale every week in the employee health office. The nurse and I always check the scale to make sure it is level at 0 before I get on. This morning I have on khakis, a suit jacket, and flats. I removed my jacket, and shoes. There is was that shiny new 0. I know it isnt a fluke my body really does detox on Mondays. This is the 2nd week in row that this has happened. So Im now just going to weigh in on Tuesdays instead.

Im still think I am doing pretty well, and granted I may eat a little worse on the weekends then we do during the week, but making sure those 5 days out of 7 are the best they can be is something to be proud of. I dont eat horrible on the weekends I make good choices still (I guess when I remember) but I also bring my lunch during the week. Meaning Im more apt to eat a small salad and a lean cuisine meal then things from the caf I dont need (other than the choc pudding I cant pass up sometimes!).

Yesterday was also the day to measure. Im down 2.5 inches. Pretty good. I was up a bit in my arms. Im not happy about that.....maybe thats what I get for quitting Jillian. I always seem to have a prob losing in my arms. Those are the bad spots for me when I look at pics. I was down in my hips, waist, and thighs. It was a decent measurement day.

So do I reward myself for making it to my first goal? I think so! Thursday is going to be a total ME day. Tim IS def traveling this week (it was up in the air for a few days) so Thursday is going to be even more laid back I dont have to worry about being home at a certain time. I have a list a mile long, but the first 4 items on my list are all about me.

1. Workout
2. Haircut
3. Pedicure
4. Use a coupon for NY&Co.

So 2 more working days till my mental health day. What a great feeling of accomplishment I have right now. My next goal is to lose 10more lbs bf we head to Mexico next year. I CAN do it!

3 comments:

Mere said...

That is AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!!! I agree that if you eat great 5 out of 7 days (and still use caution the other 2 days a week - namely Saturdays and Sundays) then you are doing a wonderful job. A girl has still got to get some not-so-healthy food in to get her fix!!! :) And you TOTALLY deserve that mental health day.
Congrats again on making your goal! I bet you were so so excited!!

Crystal said...

That is soo great! How are you doing it? I have about 50 lbs I want to lose!!!

~Mrs. JMS~ said...

Crystal - Who knows? I still tink my body is adjusting to not being pg anymore. I guess the old saying of 9-12 months is right.

I also try and do relaly good with food, and get in whatever exercise that I can. I have really used my treadmill alot.....I owe it a good cleaning ;) Dont worry you will get there just keep at it. I really didnt start focusing till AT was 9weeks. Give yourself some time too. Hugs!