THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Baby Cold = Mommy Doesnt Get out of Bed

AT has some sort of cold. I think it has alot to do with swimming over the weekend. It was pretty chilly here Sat. Very unusual for NC in July. But the bad mother that I am went to the pool twice Saturday with my son. It wasnt cold when you are sitting in the sun etc but the water didnt help matters when the wind was blowing.

We also had a birthday party to attend at you guessed it a pool. I was pretty sure we werent getting in but my friend talked me into it and we got in at almost 7pm. AT was fine until we got out....then we were both shivering. I felt so guilty.

So Sunday the snot began and yesterday was a little worse but he was in good spirits till I woke him up from his afternoon nap.....bc he cant sleep past 6pm. Im sorry if he doesnt sleep at daycare he isnt keeping me up all night! Or so I thought.

I felt like he was a newborn again. He was up at least 3 times. When the alarm went off at 5:15, I couldnt move. I should have though....I was late to work bc I couldnt get moving. I know if I would have just gotten out of bed when the alarm went off and got the workout over with my energy woudld have kicked into over drive. Instead I mopped around and made us all late! So that tells me right there that working ot in the morning is doing my body good. Its hard to get started but once i do it gets my day off on the right track!

So today is my rest day.....back up in the morning bright and early. Hoefully the baby cold will subside.....fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Callie said...

I think all bets are off with a sick child, especially when they wake up multiple times a night. It's really hard to get up after that! And who knows- your body may need the extra sleep to help keep you from getting whatever AT has too. I hope tonight goes better!