THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Thursday, October 14, 2010

5 Years

Isnt a terrible long time I know, but man its a milestone for me. I guess bc Ive never been married for 5 years ;) Ive only been married once you know so an anniversary should always be celebrated. Tim and I have been together over 8 years and married as of tomorrow for 5.



What a ride. We've done a lot in 5 little years. We have done way more as a married couple than when we were dating. Usually its the opposite but our lives took off and never slowed down once we got engaged in 04. Bought a house, traveled all over the place, toyed with the idea of moving across the US, made some great friends, had a baby, and moved into our dream home. Ive moved jobs 3 times.....Tim is the ole faithful one. Hes stayed put....even though hes thought of leaving many times.

When we began thinking of what to do for our anniversary we were really stumped. Its been a tradition for a while now that we just go out to eat and dont buy any gifts other than a card and I was okay with that. But I still wanted to do something special for him. I know we went to MX in April and that was our gift to one another but the day is here and I still feel the need to show him how much he means to me and how much i do truly love him. So I told him that I would set up the sitter if he would plan the dinner out. So Ive done my part......he has tried to do his. I give him credit but its been tricky.

Since we moved we have very few places we love to go eat w/out driving to Winston/GSO. If I had my abslute choice it would be to head to 4th Street Filling Station and stay there till they close but this year we wanted to stay closer to home. So we looked to a few towns over for hidden treasure. We are not into chains. Im not the girl to celebrate anything at Olive Garden. We like to find local owned restaurants and call them our hidden secret. So thats what we set out to do. So as of now on a few reviews and people we know we are going to try a little joint called Chef Santos. Hoping it blows our socks off and helps us both relax for a little while.

So back to what to get Tim for the occasion. Yep I broke out the scissors, glue, and constuction paper. So much has happneed that there is no way I could even remotely find a card that would say what I wanted it to say. So with a little help from online photos, Word, and some ribbon I made a home made card, and every time I read it I tear up. Its perfect. I really hope he loves it. Im not expecting anything just bc thats our nature but I have a sneaky suspicion I MIGHT get flowers.....its not the norm for Tim but this isnt a norm celebration. Ive made sure he knows its kind of a big deal to me. Whats wrong with being spontaneous every 5 year right?

Im not sure how I got so lucky but I did. I feel so grounded and normal compared to my childhood - I guess you could say I feel completly safe for once in my life. Tim is my rock, we are a team and I am so very proud to be called his wife. I cant wait for the next 5 years and where it will take us. Im so excited to get there! Happy Anniversary Babe - 1 day early ;)

No comments: