THE STARY LIFE
The adventures of our married life....vacations, job changes, post baby weight loss journey, buying and selling our home, and everyday musings. Are you enchanted yet?



Monday, December 20, 2010

Fun Filled Weekend!

We were so busy this weekend and had a ton of fun to go along with it!

Friday I joined my local Moms group for a MNI - Cookie Style. As you can see we had plenty of sweets to feast on. It was really great getting to spend some time with these ladies and fostering new friendships. We added a new member and it was great getting to know her has well. I've been feeling prety down about friendships lately, and this was some girl time that was really needed.

We have all enjoyed the treats I took home. Lots of goodies! I thought there would be plenty left for the family this weekend....but its not looking good.

Sat night we headed off to visit with my side of the family. All 50 of us. We have such a large family we have to rent a hall to house everyone. All my cousins are having kids and its really getting big. I didnt take any pics. Im sure Ill have some soon, my cousins wife is a photog and Im sure she got a few good shots. I just didnt have time to pull out the camera. Sad but true! I hope its not the same for Cmas Day since Im hosting. Tim is going to have to be camera guy!

As for Sunday....its becoming natural to build a fire, take a little nap, and just relax. Plenty of laundry and picking up mixed in, oh and maybe a little football. We are finally warming up and we did walk down to the lake to look around and AT enjoyed that. Its so little he gets outside anymore.

This week begins the countdown to the big holiday and what it all means. Im learning more and more to just enjoy the moment, love on my friends and family as much as possible and just soak it all in. The years arent going any slower and Im just so thankful we will all be together this year. It makes all the time apart worth while.

Merry Christmas to you & yours!

No comments: